35mm film, Technicolor, 1.37:1
An American horror film directed by Andy Milligan.
A psychopathic barber and his deranged baker neighbour use human bodies to make pies.
Directed by: Andy Milligan
Technical Director: Susan Heard
© MCMLXX  Constitution Films Inc.
A Constitution Films, Inc. production
Produced by: William Mishkin
Screenplay by: John Borske, Andy Milligan
Photographed by: Andy Milligan
Editor: Gerald Jackson
Sound: William Barrel
Make-up: Walter Terry
Special Effects: Marcia Neilson
Settings: James Fox
Art Director: Elaine
Berwick Kaler (the “head” butcher)
The Blood Butcher – advertising title
Macellai – Italian title
- Sight & Sound vol.14 no.4 (April 2004) p.75 – DVD review (Nozone: cheap and nasty by Tim Lucas)
- Chopped Meat: British Horror of the 1970s by Darrell Buxton p.unpaginated – note
- Chopped Meat: British Horror of the 1970s by Eric McNaughton and Darrell Buxton (eds.) p.17 – illustrated review (by David Dent)
- Nightmare USA by Stephen Thrower p.516 – note
- Reference Guide to Fantastic Films by Walt Lee p.42 – credits